Scope & Objectives
The Master bathroom has Carrera Marble countertops on handmade cherry cabinets with curved doors, a spacious walk-in shower with glass block wall, and stepped marble walls and floors mimicking the vanity mirrors pattern creating a room of visual excitement.
A spacious stucco master suite addition onto the rear of this home provides these parents with a welcome retreat in today’s frantic lifestyle. Their gas insert fireplace is surrounded by Calcutta marble and stained glass windows. The owners love these personal touches because they supplied the pieces from antique auctions and we refurbished and designed them into the rooms.
We also designed and added custom fireplace surrounds and built-ins in several rooms and finished the basement family room with a gas fireplace. A 2nd floor dormer addition for a full general bathroom and relocation of the rear stucco garage with potting shed addition rounds out the list of overall work performed.
The most important features in every area listed above were that the materials, design, and finishes were selected and installed to match this homes original 1925 Arts & Crafts build. In a collaborative effort, cabinets and surfaces were made in the Art Deco, Art Nouveau style personally accented by the owners’ collections of antiques, stained glass windows, and retro furniture. The challenge was to blend the above home style and owners collectable styles in a manner that would deem it artistic and refreshingly diverse
- A large stucco family room addition onto the side of the home with dynamic vaulted ceiling and banks of picture windows has an open plan designed to encourage family togetherness.
- The kitchen remodel is a showcase of natural materials; from the rear entry vestibules honed gray slate floor, to the handmade maple cabinets with cherry wood accent stripping. Flat panel leaded-glass doors are softened by the art deco curves at the ceilings, corners and islands end. The curving contours of the Brazilian black granite countertops echo the rounded corners of the custom cabinetry, which offers stylish & plentiful storage linking the stainless steel appliances. Texture was created with inlaid mosaic art deco tile and black granite backsplash tile.
- The staircase walls dividing rooms were opened and a custom handrail installed, allowing light and an artistic element to an otherwise ignored space.
- A spacious stucco master suite addition onto the rear of the home provides these parents with a welcome retreat in todays frantic lifestyle. Their gas insert fireplace is surrounded by Calcutta marble and stained glass windows. The owners love these personal touches because they supplied the pieces from antique auctions and we refurbished and designed them into the rooms. This room has French doors leading to an exterior landscaped private bluestone patio. The master bathroom is a banquet of items reminiscent of the Art Nouveau period. Carrera marble countertops on handmade cherry cabinets with curved doors, a spacious walk-in 2-person shower on marble floors, a glass block wall, and stepped marble walls mimicking the vanity mirrors pattern create a room of visual excitement.
- In the 1st floor formal living room the former piano windows above the wood-burning fireplace were boarded over. In order to recapture this stately focal point of the home, our designer created a sketch which then became a remarkable set of back-lit stained glass windows seamlessly joined with the handcrafted Oak fireplace surround & bookshelves. Additional features include a honed black slate surround inlaid with handmade accent tiles.
- Extensive Architectural detailing was employed throughout the home in the process of reconfiguring rooms, removing walls and creating arches. One example is that the arches into the music room, and trim were constructed to match the existing homes character and the installation of new 1 ¼” red oak stained hardwood flooring demonstrates continuity throughout all the new and affected rooms.
- Additional living area was captured by finishing the basement family room and adding a gas insert fireplace for warmth and comfort. It took originality to hide a water meter by simulating a 1920’s radiator cover which serves as additional bench seating.
- The 2nd floor dormer addition made a full general bathroom. Hex floor tiles with inlaid flower deco pieces and borders delicate pedestal sink legs and English Reeded shower glass complete the intimate 1920’s atmosphere.
- After of the home was done, the owners requested that we relocate their stucco garage to a new backyard location and add a potting shed to complete a charming landscaped backyard.